Skip to main content
Topic: Midi FIles (Read 2156 times) previous topic - next topic

Midi FIles

When i import Midi songs in to noteworthy composer it doesnt quite sound the same as it does when i play it from winamp or other player. Once when i open it in NWC all the tracks goes up to its peak volume and doesnt sound as good. Why is this so? can we do something about it. Also when i save that file into a midi file again, it doesnt have that quality. any help please?

~jolly

Re: Midi FIles

Reply #1
When MIDI is opened in NWC, the duration of notes is "quantized" to notes for sheet music. Thus, the timing may be somewhat more rigid than in the original MIDI. This effect may be unimportant if the MIDI has few channels and was originally created by a music notation program such as NWC. But if the MIDI was produced by live recording from a keyboard, or if it was directly sequenced by a MIDI sequencing program, the quantization may be very noticeable. You can adjust how finely NWC quantizes the notes, but the finer the quantization, the more you will see short-duration notes (such as 1/32) appearing in the sheet music.

Dynamics (loud or soft) can be changed within NWC. See the Help file for instructions. NWC 1.75 and NWC 2 have some different capabilities for dynamics.

It is also possible that playback from NWC uses a different sound driver than when the MIDI is directly played. If so, then the "digital instruments" will sound somewhat different, but this is not caused by NWC.