Skip to main content
Topic: How do I update my Note Wothy? (Read 4631 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I update my Note Wothy?

How can i update my NWC if i don't have internet on my computer???

Re: How do I update my Note Wothy?

Reply #1
Version 1.75 can be purchased on CD.

The Web Updates, as the name implies, are only available via the Internet.

Reply #2
The update files aren't that big; they don't take long to download and will fit on a single floppy disk. You could go to a public terminal or a friend's place and download it onto a disk. I'd suggest you download the font Boxmarks from the Scriptorium (there's a link on this site) while you're at it, and there might be other things there that interest you.

Reply #3
how i do it if public computer can't write on cd?

Reply #4
Albert,

A CD is not necessary - the file is small so it can be saved on a floppy disc as John has said.

Reply #5
Until I recently got high-speed access, I used public terminals (which have high-speed access) at the local city or college libraries. It used to be the case that files could be saved to a 3.5" diskette, and in some locations that is still that case.

But for security reasons, many public-access terminals now use a system that does not allow saving to diskette. In other cases, a save can be done only if the data is ASCII (save a zip file, and it is mashed into unintelligble ASCII text). This is to prevent local hackers from distrupting the system using as-yet-unknown methods. (Saving a file calls a Windows routine that, in principle, can be hacked to escape security.)

Some public terminals use Macs that don't have a diskette drive!

The solution, in this case, is to find a friend with ordinary home Internet access, and have your friend download the trial program to a 3.5" diskette. It only takes about 3 minutes to download over a phone modem.

Reply #7
Hey! What's so weird about naked aliens? :-p

Reply #8
What's so weird about naked aliens?
Usually, nothing.
That's why these are weird naked aliens.
See the distinction?

Reply #9
Oh no! the evil twin is at it again . . .
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI