Skip to main content
Topic: Pentuplets (Read 3303 times) previous topic - next topic

Pentuplets

Is there a way to produce Pentuplets (if thats what they are called - eg group of 5 eighths in place of a half)..

I know this has been asked before but usually about producing the correct rythem. I am more concerned with correct score printing. If there is no way to do this (which I expect to be true) is there any plan to add this feature in a future version?

Re: Pentuplets

Reply #1
If all else fails (and if our more helpful forum posters don't have a better idea), try this: Where you want a 5-tuplet, make it a regular group of 4 in NWC. Create placeable WMFs from print preview. Open them in a program with decent WMF editing capability (Open Office, Adobe Illustrator, probably Corel Draw, but not MS Word). In the group of 4, copy one of the notehead-plus-stem. Tweak the four to make room, and paste in the copy to make 5. If you need to add a "5" brace, that can be done by adding the text directly.

Of course, that's not a good solution for a large composition with a lot of tuplets.

Reply #2
Many thanks :)
Nice working solution :)

Reply #3
I beam all five notes together and add a 5 as a text item (centered on the middle note), and also add a hidden tempo mark at a ratio of 5:4.  The parts without the 5-tuplet each need a hidden eighth rest.  Don't forget to change the tempo back at the next beat.

Reply #5
That user tip is about
Combining Phrase Marks and Simple Slurs,
not n-tuplets.