Skip to main content
Topic: symbols (Read 2212 times) previous topic - next topic

symbols

is there a music symbol font with a tremolo that looks like two 1/2 notes beamed together With both 1/8th note
and 1/6th note tremolos in the font?

Re: symbols

Reply #1
Oops!
is there a music symbol font with a tremolo that looks like two 1/2 notes beamed together With both 1/8th note and 1/16th note tremolos in the font?

Re: symbols

Reply #2
Not that I've found, but you can make a passable imitation.  You need the boxmark2 font plus layering.  On one staff you place the halfnote plus the multiple bar symbol from boxmark2 as a text item (it won't connect the notes, but some scores I've seen just have the bars floating between the stems.  You probably want the text item BEFORE the note.  On the second staff add the second halfnote with an extra note spacing value of 3 (more would be better, but 3 is all you can have).  You do this by selecting the note, doing CTL-E and then adjusting the spacing on the "Note" tab of the dialog box.  While you are there check mute, and do so for the note in the first staff as well (I know, out of order, but I just thought of it).

You will have had (in Page setup) defined a user font as boxmark2 and will now have to play with the font size to get the bars to look right.  I find 24 points about right.  Then shift the bars (the text item -- don't forget to uncheck preserve width) up or down, and possibly add some spaces to get it in the right place.  Then layer the staves.

You will need a third staff to actually enter the notes that play as the tremolo.  This can either be a hidden staff or hidden notes on a spare staff with the correct instrument patch.

Cyril N. Alberga