Skip to main content
Topic: tied note keeps playing (Read 4078 times) previous topic - next topic

tied note keeps playing

Hey I know it's probly in the archives somewhere, but I couldn't find it.   Some of my tied notes continue to play throughout the song until I stop it. How do I fix that?

Re: tied note keeps playing

Reply #2
It is indeed a well-known problem. I do not blame you for not searching for "Hanging notes", even though the term is quite self-explanatory once you have heard it.
Switching to NWC2 would help greatly, too. Problem solved neatly.

Reply #3
Where can I download that?

Reply #5
When I switched to NWC2 Beta, the new hanging note fix caught me off-guard...If I remember correctly, I tied my Bb to a forced Bb in the next measure, and the Bb hung there...that's when I realized the issue had been fixed.

Edit: Actually...I'm not sure that was right, but that's how I remember it.  I'll have to do a reenactment when I get home to see if that's really how I figured it out...but if that's true, then I need to redo all my old music...

Reply #6
Not confirmed.
A Bb tied to a Bb does not hang. When, however, you try to tie a B to a Bb it refuses to be tied. The note keeps playing until it finds a B or until the cows come home, whichever comes first. Hitting F6 may also help.

Reply #7
Hmmm.  Not sure how I accidentally stumbled across that, then.  I must've confused an accidental like you just gave an example of.

*smacks forehead at poor memory of probably the worst notation entry event ever*