Skip to main content
Topic: DX & VST plugs (realtime effects?) (Read 2657 times) previous topic - next topic

DX & VST plugs (realtime effects?)

Hello i use DX and VST plugs in various apps. My problem is that in ny problem i use there is a delay of 0.5 sec before the actual sound is played (at least when i record from line?).

I'm quite new to a audio recording but i thought realtime would mean without latency?

I have no problems whatsoever with playing VST instruments with as low latency as 0.49 ms through asio drivers. And no problems with softsamplers, it is only when applyin plugs to and sound from linein?

Maybe this is quite the way one work with plug-ins apply them afterwards? I use an Athlon Thunderbird 1000 mhz and 256MB ram and a SBLive.

JT

Re: DX & VST plugs (realtime effects?)

Reply #1
if your useing cubase choose the 16channel peset or use cakewalk proaudio 9 its easier

Reply #2
Although this topic might be of interest to some NWC users, I suspect that it's a stray.

Reply #3
I have that problem,and heres how I got around it.This problem only happens in CakeWalk for me,any way,once you,ve got everything set to record,solo all the tracks you want to record to,that way all you hear is what the mic input is sending and the tracks your playing to.

Reply #4
What's this all got to do with the price of cheese?  This is a Noteworthy forum.  Is this on topic?