Skip to main content
Topic: Layering problem... (Read 3239 times) previous topic - next topic

Layering problem...

Ya know, this layering thing is great. It solves lots of problems. But every time I use it to solve a problem, I always end up with something that's just wrong! When two (or more) staves are layered, a left-hand barline shows up, and I can't find any way to get rid of it. When layering was experimental, the problem didn't exist. Now that it's a real feature, there is a problem. Is there some way to get rid of the left-hand barline that I'm missing?
Please HELP!

Re: Layering problem...

Reply #1
When creating more than one staff, NWC adds this line at the beginning of the staff in keeping with standard practise. With only a single staff, it's omitted, again correctly so. However, as you noted, this fails if two (or more) staves are layered, since the program still thinks that there is more than one staff.

Until (or if) this behaviour is changed, the only workaround I've seen is Marsu's suggestion in https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=267.msg13795#msg13795.

Since this is the second time in recent days that this has come up, perhaps it's worth a trip to the wishlist.