Skip to main content
Topic: cue notes (Read 4054 times) previous topic - next topic

cue notes

After butting my head against a stone wall for two days, I think it's time to ask for help!
I need a way to include "cues" in the printed parts I generate. Some way to include notation in a smaller size than the point size used for the regular notation of the part. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: cue notes

Reply #1
John, a technique I've used with V1.50 to add a 'swing' indication on Big Band Scores is to assign one of the USER fonts to be NWC15 and then used a bit of experimentation with Word 6 to determine that capital 'G' is a quarter note (crotchet) or that carital 'G' is an eighth note (quaver) etc. and use it as inserted text. The draw back is that I can't find a "space" because the space bar gives a chunk of stave !. But it allows all the notes to be positioned at whichever size and place that you wish. Hope that this helps.

Reply #2
John,
Have you tried using grace notes? They are cue-size. Unfortunately, I think maybe half and whole notes are note available, I don't know why.
They don't take time from a bar, but DO sound. If you are not worried about playback, this won't be a problem, otherwise you can mute the notes with hidden ppp dynamics.

Andrew

Reply #3
It has been pointed out to me that a combination of brain-fade and bad typing made my previous reply a little difficult to follow. When I mentioned "Capital G" I was referring to "upper-case 'g'". I was trying to get over that using certain letters as inserted text with NWC15 assigned to a user font will create Musical Symbols of varying size. Some experimentation is required to determine which symbols will result from which keystrokes.

Reply #4
When I upgrade to 1.50 I realize that I can substitute grace notes for cue notes, but I would like to be able to do so for all note values.

Reply #5
Unfortunately, v1.50b still hasn't addressed grace/cue note size for whole and half notes. Maybe a quick note to Eric would be helpful, here.

A

Reply #6
This is not possible in 1.50. This kind of change requires changes to the NWC font, which will not be done until the next major upgrade.

Reply #7
I want to get more notes of songs but I can't find any of it. how do I get it?

Reply #8
Cem, I do not understand your question??
(note: current version of NWC is 1.55b, I remind this because this thread is rather old).
"grace" notes are still all available but half and whole notes.
What is your trouble? Finding NWC files ? entering notes into scores?

see you soon,
NWCly yoursn, Marsu