Skip to main content
Topic: No sound (Read 3761 times) previous topic - next topic

No sound

I have downloaded NoteWorthy Composer Viewer and when I play the score there is no sound. I have tested playing mid files with VLC and indeed they are played ok. They can be played OK from Sibelius as well.

I am using focusrite saffire pro 24 sound card and before that I was using the on-board sound card which did give me sound for NoteWorthy.

Image below
Apart from the one on the screenshot (my soundcard) I have tested all available playback devices [Microsoft GW Wavetable SW synth / Default (Midi mapper)]

img696.imageshack.us/img696/9060/20120309010229.png

Re: No sound

Reply #1
Sorry Spiros,
I cannot help you with the technical side, and:
img696.imageshack.us/img696/9060/20120309010229.png
is not visible.

Please use "Additional options > Attach: > Browse "
to find the file on your system
then "Post"

Reply #2
You can open another tab in your browser and start it with http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9060/20120309010229.png.  He has opened the NWC Viewer to see Woodroffe's "Bones" and has popups for "Speaker" and Playback options. A "Pro24 MIDI" is the playback device.
Since 1998

Reply #3
I have downloaded NoteWorthy Composer Viewer and when I play the score there is no sound. I have tested playing mid files with VLC and indeed they are played ok.

Are you sure that VLC is playing to the same "Pro24 MIDI" device as configured in the Viewer? AFAIK, VLC uses FluidSynth for its play back.

Reply #4
I see from your screen shot that it would appear that you have NWC, NWC Viewer, Sibelius, vlc, (audacity perhaps), (a loop back program perhaps).

If all or a combination of these "music" programs are going at the same time, it is possible that one of them has "grabbed" the midi playback.
Have you tried just having the viewer loaded and nothing else?

It's worth trying just the viewer on its own.

Rich.