Skip to main content
Topic: can't get rid of 'Vocal Line' in template (Read 2654 times) previous topic - next topic

can't get rid of 'Vocal Line' in template

using the 'vocal + accompaniment' template to score some stuff I wrote way back.

But I can't get rid of the 'vocal line' text label on the top score line. I don't want it there.

It's not normal text (like you enter with 'x'). It's not a score label (set up through 'F2'). I change the name of that score to 'meldoy', it stays there.

Where does this text come from, and how do I get rid of it?

Re: can't get rid of 'Vocal Line' in template

Reply #1
Hi
To get rid of it all you got to do is:
Go to PAGE SETUP  - Options tab, then select "None" on staff labels. I can also decide if you want and/or the type  numbering. On fonts tab you can change all fonts, of all texts.

If you already have a clear idea of the way you want your scores to look like, let me suggest you to create one or more template files of your own, which should be saved on the "song templates" folder. That's the fastest way to get them customized and ready for use when starting a new song.

I hope I didn't go out of your point too much. It's Sunday I have time to write...

All the best,

Paulo Galvao

Reply #2
Thanks David, your help is appreciated: but that's not it. It's not a staff label.

It's under the vocal (in my case tenor sax) line staff, not to the left like a label.

Labels were already turned off as you described, but I turned them on and then off again, to be sure. The normal labels (saying 'Tenor Sax, Piano') came and went at the left of the page as expected. But this piece of rogue text is still there.

Thanks anyhow. Anyone else?

Daniel

Reply #3
Hello again

Ahh You don´t want the words "vocal line".
Just go to lyrics "L" - Lyric 1 and earse it :-)

Actually the expression should be something like "Lyrics go here" or something like this.

Regards, Have a nice Sunday

Paulo Galvao