Skip to main content
Topic: Batch printing of NWC files (Read 3669 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch printing of NWC files

I have some 700 NWC files that need to be converted to pdf. I suppose I have to print them using cutepdf or a similar virtual print driver.

This number of files definitely requires some kind of automation. I've found some suggestion in a very old topic here, which appear not to be a fully automated solution. Maybe some better solution is now available. Can anybody help?

Max

Re: Batch printing of NWC files

Reply #1
I don't know CutePDF, but I presume it's similar to PDFCreator.exe, which just pretends to be your printer when you invoke NWC's print command. 

I don't think there's any way to avoid invoking the print command for each song you want to print to PDF.  Sorry.  The pdf creator I'm familiar with works as a print function of Windows, so any modification would have to be in Windows, and I doubt many of us could or would want to figure that out.

Reply #2
Thank you for you answer. Yes, CutePDF works like many other similar products, i.e., it looks like printer.

It seems I'have to invent some tricks to do that. Thank you very much anyway.

Max

Reply #3
I've eventually solved this problem using an AutoIt script (see http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/). I had never used this (free) tool before, it took just a couple of hours for me to learn its basics and have the script up and running. I recommend it to those having similar needs. Some knowledge of BASIC language required.

Max

Reply #4
G'day Max,
I'm pleased you've found a solution.  Perhaps you'd like to share it in "Tips & Tricks" so that others can benefit?

Oh, and BTW, welcome to the forum!
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Perhaps someday, there will be nwc2-cli.exe (NoteWorthy Composer 2 - Command Line Interface) for registered users that would support Print, SaveAs and some other Canonical and Extended Verbs. Maybe even a Property Page handler ...
Registered user since 1996