Skip to main content
Topic: pc sound system broken (Read 2324 times) previous topic - next topic

pc sound system broken

Hi,
I am wondering if there is any alternative sound that can be used as my sound system in my pc is broken and it does not work any one have any suggestions please help.My ear phone jack is broken so i guess it damaged the whole sound system.to buy a new one and install it its to expensive so if theres any exterior alternate please help.
Dope.99@hotmail.com feel free to and any suggestions.thank you. 

Re: pc sound system broken

Reply #1
It all depends on wnat each of us considers is expensive, but you could instal a Creative Audigy sound card in your PC for less then £20  This would also allow you to download and instal free sound fonts for better sound quality. For example, I have a number of Pipe Organ sound fonts which are far superior to those in the standard sound card or built in sound.

Tony 

Reply #2
G'day dope,
say, couldn't you think of a better handle..?  I feel like I'm calling you stupid and I'm sure you're not!  After all, you visited this forum!  :)

Anyhow, could you provide some more details - "sound system in my PC is broken" is a rather broad description...

• Do you have any sound at all?
  • Have you checked the volume controls for master, MIDI and wav for starters?
  • Maybe something is muted
  • Do you have powered speakers - perhaps the power is off
  • You mentioned the headphone jack - Which one?  There is often one on the CD/DVD as well as on the sound card
  • Is your sound card integrated on the motherboard or is it a separate card?

Umm, I think that'll do for now...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
It will help us help you if we know what operating system you have. Pre-USB and early USB operating systems (Win 98 & earlier) have fewer options than later OS's. If you are running XP or Vista with a free USB 2.0 port, there are more possibilities.

And I see Lawrie is trying to troubleshoot the problem with your current sound system, which is also a good idea. If the headphone jack is physically broken, you have a different problem than if it simply stopped working. Maybe you won't have to spend any money at all.