Skip to main content
Topic: Should I wait and buy when 2.0 comes out? (Read 2646 times) previous topic - next topic

Should I wait and buy when 2.0 comes out?

Hello,

This is my first post here. I have been using noteworthy composer (evaluation is almost up) and I LOVE it! What can I say hasn't been said?

Anyway, my question was..Should I wait until 2.0 comes out to purchase? If I were to purchase 1.75 now, could I upgrade to 2.0 for free?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

- Steve

Re: Should I wait and buy when 2.0 comes out?

Reply #1
Get it now! Be sure to get the CD so you can up-grade to version 2.
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Reply #2
I'm waiting until they have a 2.0 cd.  I have an early 1.7 cd and so don't get the upgrade preview to 2.0 with it.  Couldn't the same thing happen with later versions and not having the newer cd?

Reply #3
-
The release date of v2 has not been announced yet. It's in the early stages of public beta (private beta lasted for two years :o), thus it's not feasible to wait for an indefinite time period.

Get 1.75 so that you can join in the public beta test of the upcoming version. ;)

Btw, welcome to the online NWC community. :)
_

Reply #4
Naw, go ahead and buy it. They'll give you the upgrade to version 2 free, if I understand correctly, and it may not be out for some time.

I bought version 1.5 or something, and even without the several free upgrades I've had since, it's the best $39 I've ever spent.