Skip to main content
Topic: I need suggestions for a digital recorder. (Read 2915 times) previous topic - next topic

I need suggestions for a digital recorder.

I'm looking for a digital recorder suitable for home use that will do digital stereo recordings and permit the operator to overlay (mix) two different recording sessions together.  Example:  that would allow a musician or singer to record a duet, etc., with himself without the loss of quality experienced with analog recordings.

Suggestions, anyone?

Re: I need suggestions for a digital recorder.

Reply #1
G'day Debo,
I'm pretty sure Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ will do it for you...
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Hi Lawrie,

I have Audacity, but what I am looking for is a machine, a recorder (hardware), that will do this (If any such critter exists).

Thanks!

Reply #3
G'day Debo,
hardware...  I'm not sure you'll find anything that is "cheap".  There are some very nice digital recorders out there but I'm not aware of anything that will do what is effectively multi track recording at a reasonable price...

You might be better off considering a budget laptop and Audacity.

Of course, it is entirely possible that there are machines that will do exactly what you want and I am simply not aware of them.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Hi Al, In my latest catalogue from my friendly neighbourhood music store in Brisbane, there are several mini hand-held recorders.Starting at Au$219 for a Tascam Portastudio O1 or Boss MicroBR 4 track at Au$449 etc. Hope this helps.