Skip to main content
Topic: glissando (Read 5020 times) previous topic - next topic

glissando

How do I input a glissando onto my composition?

Re: glissando

Reply #1
A glissando as you would play it on a piano, with discrete chromatics, or as you would on a clarinet, where the note just bends up or down from one to the other?

A symbol for the gliss is found in user font Boxmark2, available from the Scriptorium.

To play back a clarinet type of glissando, vary the pitch using the multipoint controller (see the last item in the dropdown insert menu).  You'll need to play around with it to make it work.

To play back the piano type, use a layered staff, copy your bar into it (to keep track of placement), mute the notes, then insert an unmuted string of grace notes at the appropriate place.  Hide all the notes in this staff.

Reply #2
Also on the Scriptorium is gliss.nwc by Fred Nachbaur.  He does the glissando by alternating between hidden staves.
Since 1998

Reply #3
I composed a song, and i put it onto noteworthy composer,and there's a variation in a my song that invloves a glissando. And i can't find the symbol to encorporate it. That's what i meant on myboard, and i'm sorry for being so point blank. :)

Reply #4
Jessie, David answered it in his 2nd phrase. The font he refers to can be found at the Scriptorium  in that page.

HTH!

Reply #6
this is so kool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!