Skip to main content
Topic: Score display (Read 3927 times) previous topic - next topic

Score display

Is there any way to display the score with automatic measure break (like what the printed sheet looks like), instead of one continuous piece from left to right?

Thanks

Re: Score display

Reply #1
I think it is the wraparound issue that someone brought up 6 years ago. Hope this has been rectified...

Richard

Reply #2
The score will be formatted in the way you describe when you go to print it out (either by using a real printer, or by using a virtual printer such as when creating a PDF or PostScript document). You can see how it will look by using the Print Preview feature.

During editing, however, the score is displayed in linear fashion.

Since I usually work on works with several staves, changing the way this works would not be an improvement or "rectification" for me personally. However, when working with small scores, a page-view editing format might be useful for some. I'd suggest filing a request on the wish-list if this is something you'd find useful.

Meanwhile, give it a try the way it is. I think you'll find it eminently workable.

Reply #3
Fred, thanks for your response. "Rectified" may be too strong a word, no offence. Since I am a newbie, I usually work with very simple music that barely fills up a page. I sure do enjoy the software.

Reply #4
i have a problem and that is... i want my notes to appear on the computer when i paly on my keyboard. i have already bought the wires to link it to my com but when i paly on my keyboard the notes do not come out... how do i get about getting my notes to come out... coz like i compose songs and i want to keep it as scores in my com... thanks

Reply #5
$ibeliu$ and Finale work in 'page layout' mode all the time, while Cakewalk and NWC switch from horizontal scrolling to vertical when you print.  IMHO, horizontal mode is *much* better and *much* easier to work with...I'm so glad it works this way in this program :)  Wrapping is a nasty side-effect of paper, not a feature ;)

Reply #6
I wish to see free music scores to download right now into my floppy disk please. I need your help seriously. I will make my choice when I see them displayed. Thanks.

I am from a 3rd world.

Reply #7
Rev. Unegbu,
I suspect you can find some music of interest to you at the Cyber Hymnal, here
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/

If they are midi files, you can download and save them, then open them in NWC to see what the scores look like.  You will need to do some tinkering to get the appearance you want, but it is do-able.

Reply #9
But the CyberHymnal has native NWC files so why mess with MIDI files?

Reply #10
Sorry, I've never fully explored it.