Skip to main content
Topic: Importing Chords (Read 2684 times) previous topic - next topic

Importing Chords

Now that NWC2 supports chords and transposition of them, it should also support the importing of them!

To do so, NWC2 should allow importing of MusicXml (.xml) files. Is this planned?

This is a big deal for those of us that use a couple software packages and want to have communication between the 2. For example, I use Neuratron's Photoscore to scan my music (quicker than keying when you don't play piano), but Photoscore - although it prints - does not have print formatting options. As well if I want to save the file in separate parts (e.g., choral practice parts) I cannot do this in Photoscore. But I can do both of these things in NWC2 - which is great! But I shouldn't have to spend alot of time fiddling with re-converting/re-adding things (correct clefs, chords, note values) in NWC2. This is not useful or efficient.

NWC2 is a very good program. I've used NWC for years & love it - especially now with chords. Why not go the bit extra and make it really great, and make all your customers super happy?! (Happy customers spread the word & sell more products....)

Thanks!

Re: Importing Chords

Reply #2
This is excellent info. Thanks Lawrie! I will definitely download that xml2nwc - it sounds like exactly what I need.

(I do find it strange this kind of helpful stuff isn't just incorporated into NWC by NWC - rather than have users create & share. I mean, it's absolutely wonderful that people can create this stuff & share it, but it is strange that if it works well, it's just not packaged with the program directly. But hey! I'm happy to have this info in any way!)

Thanks again Lawrie!

BA