Skip to main content
Topic: Cyber Hymnal - New URL (Read 13884 times) previous topic - next topic

Cyber Hymnal - New URL

Wanted to let everyone know our site has a new URL: http://www.hymntime.com/tch. Please spread the word! Happy New Year!

Re: Cyber Hymnal - New URL

Reply #1
That's really good news

Congratulations on getting up and running again.
Rich.

Reply #2
You might also consider trying Hymnary.org, which competes with Cyber Hymnal in scope and has a nicer web site and better searching.

Reply #3
I just read this on another blog. Pass the word along.

======================================

If you know anyone using Word.Net, tell them to find another company to do business with.

From what I can tell, they took the sweat and tears of the man that spent 15 years putting together the Cyber Hymnal piece by piece and are not using it for their greedy gains.

Here's what I figure happened:

1) Word.net jumped on the domain name once it expired.

2) It hit the owner of Cyber Hymnal by surprise, but because domain laws are what they are, there was nothing he could do

3) Word.Net took ALL the hard work this man did and is not using it for their own greedy gain. Notice how EVERY page now has advertising! For all these years, the pages never had any ads.

It's horrible that a company that claims to serve God is only using God's name for stuffing their pockets!

Spread the word. Cyberhymnal needs to go back to the original owner.

======================================

If this is true, this is horrible. I notice the domain owner has hid his WHOIS information since so that no one could find him, but here is what his contact information was before he hid it:

Word.Net Communications
David Holst (ambigram@foundhumor.com)
417-894-3166

Reply #4
I noticed the site started with the line Congratulations, you've found the #1 Hymn Site on the Internet! but it says nothing about the fact they had nothing to do with making it that way.  Whatever helps to fatten the calf faster ...
Since 1998

Reply #5
Would it help to change the link on the NW site? It still points to the old URL.

Reply #6
Thanks. All of these pages are going to be overhauled soon. In the mean time, I just updated the user link. We had changed the link in Center Stage a while ago, but missed the other link.

Reply #8
Make sure we carry the volkswagen parts you need