Skip to main content
Topic: Will there be full MIDI CC (Multi-Point Controller) support in the future? (Read 2908 times) previous topic - next topic

Will there be full MIDI CC (Multi-Point Controller) support in the future?

Hi! This is more of a using Noteworthy in more advanced situations question. I do not use my soundcard directly to generate my sounds. I use the Kontakt 2 sampler.

I love Noteworthy's note entry system. By far it is the easiest and least confusing of any other notation program out there. Also, the price is great compared to the more advanced notators.

But, there is a pretty big drawback to using Noteworthy in this situation: Weak MIDI CC (What Noteworthy calls "Multi-Point controllers") support. Several of the sample libraries I use require the use of many MIDI CCs, many of them are not one of the 18 that NWC currently supports (there are 127 standard MIDI CCs).

While I could get more advanced MIDI CC support in other notation programs, I would lose the great note entry that NWC has for a more confusing, fixed barlines, having to open a dialog to add new measures, crazy step keyboard entry that must be activated through 5 menus, note entry system (Okay, maybe I exaggerated that a little). Not to mention those programs cost 4 to 10 times the price of Noteworthy (The less I spend on notation software, the more samples I can buy ;) ).

So my question is this: Will there be more advanced MIDI CC support in future versions?