Skip to main content
Topic: Cyrillic lyrics in NWC 2 (Read 3316 times) previous topic - next topic

Cyrillic lyrics in NWC 2

Hey

I'm trying to make some lyrics in macedonian alphabet (which is cyrillic, of course). problem is I always get bunch of ????? in lyrics editor and over staff, writed or copied.

I tried many methods to do it. tried change it in Page Setup, multiple times: Tried another fonts, another scripts. in my word the text is good, in any standard font I choose (like Calibri or Times New Roman).

I don't need on bunch of links to another topics, which I already reed and nothing helps. Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong, but, sorry it's my first time i need to use some of cyrillic letters.

I need straight answer, point by point what I need to do.

I'm writing this because maybe in 8 years something change about this "not-Unicode" an other problems. And I'm using Win 7 if needed.

Re: Cyrillic lyrics in NWC 2

Reply #1
I'm writing this because maybe in 8 years something change about this "not-Unicode"
Nothing has changed. NoteWorthy 2.51 does not support Unicode.

problem is I always get bunch of ????? in lyrics editor and over staff, writed or copied.
Lyrics written in Unicode cannot be copied and pasted into NWC via the Lyrics Command. That "bunch of ????? in lyrics editor and over staff" is just NoteWorthy's way of telling you that.

The answer is in the "bunch of links" that you have rejected.

Here is a demo from one of them:
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.5)
|Font|Style:StaffLyric|Typeface:"Trebuchet MS"|Size:8|CharSet:204
|Lyric1|Text:"ïî-áåä-íûõ ñîï-íå÷-íûõ ïó-÷åé\r\nðàý-äàñò-ñÿ áïà-ãî-âåñò âñå-ìèð-íûé ïî-áåä-íûõ\r\nñîïíåö-íûõ ïó-öåé ïî-áåä-íûõ ñîï-íåó-íûõ ïó-öåé\r\n"
|Note|Dur:4th|Pos:0
|Bar
|Bar
|Bar
|Bar
|Bar
|Bar
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposer-End
Registered user since 1996

Reply #2
Hey

I'm trying to make some lyrics in macedonian alphabet (which is cyrillic, of course). problem is I always get bunch of ????? in lyrics editor and over staff, writed or copied.

I tried many methods to do it. tried change it in Page Setup, multiple times: Tried another fonts, another scripts. in my word the text is good, in any standard font I choose (like Calibri or Times New Roman).

I don't need on bunch of links to another topics, which I already reed and nothing helps. Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong, but, sorry it's my first time i need to use some of cyrillic letters.

I'm writing this because maybe in 8 years something change about this "not-Unicode" an other problems. And I'm using Win 7 if needed.

I think you might try faking it with a pdf program.  Write your music normally, but instead of printing to paper, print to pdf - various programs exist that emulate printers - check out pdfcreator.exe but there are others as good.  Once you've got the pdf file, use your pdf program's typewriter tool to add your lyrics and then print to paper.  If the pdf program can handle the cyrillic alphabet, you should be ok.

Reply #3
Hey

I managed to force the cyrillic lirycs :)
I just convinced my computer to thinking "i'm in macedonia!"  and from that point it was easy because NWC2 adapted cyrillic letters as primary.

But I have another question:

How to make glissando in NWC2?
Not the symbol (but it will be fine bonus) but the effect in program. Im mostly rewriting choral songs for use of my friends from choir, so I'm sometimes in need to make gliss, but newer did it because I ot able to or my skill is not so high.

So? Is there any option?