Skip to main content
Topic: Help me identify this song (Read 3551 times) previous topic - next topic

Help me identify this song

So, a few months ago, I was over on the Scriptorium and I downloaded a song and played it.  Now, I have it in my head, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it was.

I have attempted to transcribe what's going through my head, and it can be downloaded at http://www.regoarrarr.com/somesong.nwc.  I'm sure the tempo isn't exactly right, and it might not be in the right key, but hopefully it will be close enough.

*EDIT* - For some reason it doesn't seem to be loading correctly if you click on the link, but you should be able to right click, save the link, and then open it in NWC.

As I said, I'm pretty sure I downloaded it off the Scriptorium, and I'd be fairly certain that it would have been from at least a semi-famous composer

Many thanks if you can figure this out for me!!!

Re: Help me identify this song

Reply #1
That's strange. Or is it? A score that was made with an unregistered version indeed fails to open.
Saving first does help, but Noteworthy (2) displays a warning about the song having been saved with an unregistered version.
I'm sorry to admit that I did not recognise the song.
cheers,
Rob.

Reply #2
Beethoven
Symphony Nr.7 in A Major, Op.92
Mvmt I [Vivace]
The movement starts Poco sostenuto, but your example is the next section (m.63).

(All of the horn players in my orchestra love this piece.)

Reply #3
Yes!  That is it - thank you so much!

Reply #4
Glad I could help.  :-)