Skip to main content
Topic: Layering Request (Read 5692 times) previous topic - next topic

Layering Request

If someone knows a shortcut, please let me know; however, after working on a layered piece, I would make the following request:

It would be oh, so nice, to be able to have a button to turn "allow layering" on and off from the toolbar, while preserving the current measure and staff the cursor is on.  I have a layered piece that includes rests and some close notes, so I have to adjust vertical and horizontal spacing accordingly, in order to make the piece look good.  It's a pain to have to go to "Page Setup", uncheck allow layering, then CTRL-G back to the measure I was working on (hopefully I made a mental note of the measure number), then repeat to turn it back on to see the results of my work by re-layering.  It would really make this type of editing so much easier if we could just turn it on and off with the click of a button.

Thanks,

John

Re: Layering Request

Reply #1
G'day John,
actually, you almost have...

In both NWC and NWC2, there is a layering toggle in the view menu.

The cursor does not return to the beginning of the staff when you toggle layering with this menu option.

However, I certainly agree that a toolbar button would be very welcome, as would a keyboard quick-key.

Quick visit to the wish list perhaps?

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thanks, Lawrie.  I missed that one.

I looked at the customizable tool bar, and while other "view" menu items are available, "allow layering is not".  It would seem that this would be a pretty easy addition.

John

Reply #3
And having an active selection shouldn't matter!
I select the area of concern, because I want to move it up or down and then try to toggle layering to see exactly how much, but nooooo...

Edit: This was fixed long ago. Toggling layering no longer affects the selection.
Registered user since 1996

Reply #4
Hi Rick,
good point - visited the wish list yet?  :)

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.