Skip to main content
Topic: Exporting to a word document (Read 5430 times) previous topic - next topic

Exporting to a word document

When I copy/paste a musical fragment to a word document the final bar line (or double bar line)is always omitted. I can't select it.
The same applies to the bracket at the beginning of a piano score.
Does anyone know how to overcome this?

Re: Exporting to a word document

Reply #1
Are you using version 1.70 (the newest release)? If not, you should do so, as it will fix your problem.

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply re exporting to a word document.Actually I have downloaded the latest version and that raises two more questions:
1. I would like to uninstal the existing older version before installing the new but can I do this without losing all my saved files? If not how can I save them?
2. Is there some info available as to what improvements, added features etc are on the new version?

You see I'm a bit of a novice when working with pc's but I really appreciate your assistance.

Reply #3
In fact, none of your files is deleted when you uninstall a program. But there might be conflicts if you've saved your documents to the same folder with the program.

In order to avoid that possiblity, copy all of your files to a different folder.

You don't need to uninstall the former version at all. Simply choose "no" when the 1.70 installation asks if you like to keep the older version.

You can view release notes available at http://www.noteworthysoftware.com/composer/history.htm for a complete list of improvements.

Reply #4
I have installed the latest version of NWC as advised but the problem still exists:

When I copy a NWC file and paste it into a word document the last bar line (or double bar line) and the bracket around the two staves (on a apiano score) are omitted.

When selecting it is not possible to hi-light the bracket or the final bar line. Surely I must be doing something wrong.

As a music teacher I am writing documents and tests for students.These documents require music examples to be included.

Reply #5
Have you tried increasing the left and right margin sizes?

Reply #6
Links to answers to your upgrade questions are right there on the upgrade page.

Using version 1.70, I am unable to reproduce your problem. The grand staff brace and final bar line both appear after a Print Preview Copy operation.

Reply #7
However, I should note that Word 97 does a very poor job of importing the graphic if passed via the clipboard. It does a much better job if you pass the graphic via a metafile. I do not know why Word does this, since both mechanisms use the same format. Very strange...

Reply #8
I sent you an example via e-mail that demonstrates an *.wmf copy using the JINGLE.NWC sample song. As I indicated in the e-mail, I will be glad to do the same with your song to show you how to do it.

Reply #9
As I understand that Bill is trying the copy special feature (will he correct me if I'm wrong) so the beginning and ending bar lines (section open/section close) aren't included.

I suggest simply adding them manually (to the staff of course :] ).

In case of misunderstanding, I'm mailing what I mean to Bill.

Reply #10
I really appreciate all the help which has been offered. It is great to know there is so much sympathetic support out there.
I did not know about copying from the print preview and that seems to have fixed my problem - even though it is a longer procedure. I really thought that selecting and copying direct would be simple enough when only 7 or 8 bars are required on most occasions.
Cheers to all.