Skip to main content
Topic: size of staves (Read 3111 times) previous topic - next topic

size of staves

Some NWC files I've seen have small staves, because there are so many and you want to be able to see them all when you're editing it and playing back the file. How do you change the size like that?

Re: size of staves

Reply #1
Another problem just arose. This might have been answered already, but I searched for it and couldn't find an answer, so sorry if I'm repeating past threads.

For the last line of the piece, it moves everything to the left, and leaves a big space in the last measure. How do I make the whole line evenly spaced out? I have tried to get around it by increasing/decreasing the staff size in page setup, but to get the effect I want, I end up making it too small, or too big and I end up with the last line or two on another page, and I want it all to be on one page. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply #2
At the end of the top staff add an extra final bar line (i.e. system close, master repeat close) and force system close. Also extend last system in page setup. This will evenly spread out the measures in the last system. If there are not enough measures to be visually satisfying, force system close earlier in the piece so that more measures are in the final line.
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Reply #3
I'm sorry, how do you "force system close"?

Reply #4
For your first problem try this. To enlarge the staves visually, zoom in. (magnifying glass on tool bar, or zoom in in View, or Alt+) Unless you have a large monitor you will not be able to see the whole page at once. For larger print, change font size in page setup. If staves are too close together, change spacing in staff properties.

Hope this helps,
Carl
Carl Bangs
Fenwick Parva Press
Registered user since 1995

Reply #5
I think Carl means force system break. This breaks the line at the bar line in question. If you put a section close bar line as the last thing on the top staff and set force system break in properties then the last system is spread evenly over the page.

Reply #6
Oh, ok, I did it now. Thanks both of you!