Skip to main content
Topic: Reconding from Yamaha PSR530 (Read 9908 times) previous topic - next topic

Reconding from Yamaha PSR530

I want to record from my yamaha PSR530, but none input is done, but it plays, anything that i wrote in the staff, can someone help me.
Thank you

Re: Reconding from Yamaha PSR530

Reply #1
I have the same problem with my Qs7 synth.
When I press the stop button in NWC for the second time it sais that all ports and channels will be reset, and then I can do midi-input for a very short moment.
When I use cakewalk I sometimes can record and then the input-indicator will ligt up. But the notes come after each other with a period of approximately 4 seconds and the duration of all the notes is the same.
I hope someone has a solution.
thanks

Reply #2
In NWC, go to Tools | Options | MIDI | Port Usage and set it to Always.

If that fails to help, then you have a with one of the following:

- the computer's software driver setup (reinstall to correct)

- the sound card's MIDI port

- the keyboard

- the MIDI cable

Reply #3
Also, follow the procedures spelled out in the User's Guide if you are unsure how to record or do not know the difference between step-time and real-time note entry in NWC.

Reply #4
I would check the midi setup, as well. It is the bane of these tools that, if one thing is overlooked, it is usually the midi port (I default to ch. 1 for all startup files). I also have three or four instrument definition files, but make sure that I am only using one for the first draft.

Reply #5
It should work, if you follow these tips. I've been using my PSR-530 with noteworthy for the past 2 years, its awesome!

Reply #6
well i have mine set up, works fine, but for some reason, anythin playin drums, well does, just uses piano??

for instance when i play a midi from desktop, its works fine but there isnt any drums just noice of piano :s

I cant input things into such programmes as Sibelius or Logic Audio ;s what do i do?

Reply #7
I don't know about newer instruments, but earlier Yamaha keyboards used channel 16, rather than 10, as the percussion channel. Try changing the channel for percussion staves.