Skip to main content
Topic: Recording Drums from Keyboard (Read 2616 times) previous topic - next topic

Recording Drums from Keyboard

I use my keyboard for step-recording choral arrangements and then export the accompaniments to MIDI files, but I don't know much about drums to write in drum parts. Is it possible to record my keyboard's internal drum patterns to NWC to put into MIDI accompaniment arrangements I make for my choir? If so, How?

Re: Recording Drums from Keyboard

Reply #1
I write the drum parts out with noteworthy......but I would imagine you could use the import option in noteworthy and let your keyboard play the part......then noteworthy would write out the part ........then you would use the general midi drums in the computer to play back the part. Hopefully you have the awe64 live soundcard so you can load good drum soundfonts to play back with the music that you want to record. Otherwise you won't like the drum sounds.
I load all my soundfonts into my soundcard so they sound like real instuments. Good luck I hope I was some help to you. I never pick up an instrument I do it all with noteworthy and my soundcard.......heheh....

P.S Im assumming your keyboard is plugged into you computer......so that noteworthy will get the signal....and write out the drum part for you.

Reply #2
IIm looking for a site where i can download  a program that allows me to play the drums on my keybord. I play the drums but when everyone is asleep i get great ideas for new songs but i cant play so what is there a program  thanks

-Michael

Reply #3
No need to have a program for this, normally. There is a "bank" for that on almost any midi keyboard. Just select it, and you'll have a note per instrument (or so). You may refer to drumref.nwc in the Samples directory of NWC for which note is what.

Otherwise it's done by assigning the channel 10 (sometimes 16) to your midi score.

HTH!