Skip to main content
Topic: convert winamp files to wav. files (Read 3905 times) previous topic - next topic

convert winamp files to wav. files

Where can I find a conversion utility to convert my music files (winamp) to wav. files so I can burn the music to my CD Burner? (( I have a HP Cd-Writer Plus 8250i )) Where can I find a wav.exe file?

Re: convert winamp files to wav. files

Reply #1
WinAmp can write .wav files directly. Go to Options-Preferences (right-click the funny wave symbol in the top left hand corner of the WinAmp screen) and then go to output plugins. Select the nullsoft diskwriter output at which point you will be asked to select a directory for output.

When you play your selection, wav files will be created in the selected directory. On my version, this happens at about twice normal playback speed - a bit like high-speed tape-tape dubbing. Remember that wav files can be large, so lots of drive space is required.

Another point to remember - when you burn a CD, if you want it to play back on any CD player, you must burn it in one go.

Ian

Re: convert winamp files to wav. files

Reply #2
Hi Ian,
Thanks - the info you posted was really helpful. I got the part where you said that ausio CDs need to be burnt in one go - i.e. save enough stuff to fill a cd and then burn it. One more question please, can I use adapted software to burn the cd - if yes, would you please tell me how.
Thanks
Amit