Skip to main content
Topic: sound fonts (Read 2747 times) previous topic - next topic

sound fonts

i have windows 2000 and a awe 64gold card when i try to load sound fonts it tells me that the there is no sound font device on my system and tells me to find thees @ creative labs but i carnt find any could you please help

Re: sound fonts

Reply #1
It's reported that w95/98 drivers for Live! series crash in w2k. I don't know know case in AWEs but might be identical. Try downloading the latest drivers for your device and installing them.

!link <(Sound Font Newsgroup=http://news://news.silco.com/silco.hammersound.soundfonts)> is generally a good place to ask help on such issues.

Hth,

---
Decode address to reply

Reply #3
I had the same problem, and the solution is simply to change your sound card! How about trying a Creative Sound Blaster Live Player 5.1 PCI OEM card? They are cheap, and they work.

I hope this helps.

Regards Tim

Reply #4
Funny, I'd have said "the solution is not to use Windows 2000"...

Ertugrul, no need to use '<' and '>' chars for URLs. simply type it prefixed by exclamation mark, or if you want to use the "link" format, do it use specified in the Hints for forum page :)
But in any case, it seems that the "link()" format does not (yet!?) work with nntp URLs...
Best regards,
Dominique