Skip to main content
Topic: Burn CD with Winamp (Read 3785 times) previous topic - next topic

Burn CD with Winamp

This is my email to Winamp and the reply:

Message: I have the full free version of winamp.  I cannot burn a CD with it.  I get the message: "decoder cannot be used to decode for burn"  From Devices CD-R D, I get the message: "this is a list of devices currently connected to your system"  No devices are listed.  Am I doing something wrong or do I need a plug-in?

Reply: Usually when I see this either the CD Rom or the burning software would need to be updated (or both).  You can usually do this from the website of the manufacturer for the CD Rom or the Burning software.
///////////

Anyone out there who can help?  All I can add is that I did not convert the NWC file to MIDI then WAVE for the CD as I did with Timidity.

Thank you

Re: Burn CD with Winamp

Reply #1
Are you trying to burn a CD with *.nwc files in the Winamp play list? If so, this will not work.

Reply #2
Greetings -

Assuming you are running WinAmp 5.x, according to their web site, CD-Burning is available only in the Pro version (which is $14.95, and shouldn't break the bank).  Look here http://www.winamp.com/player/ for a comparison of the free version versus the paid-for Pro version.

Hope this helps,

John

Reply #3
Well, I did some checking and I have to contradict myself.  WinAmp Free does burn CD's, but only at 2x speed.  WinAmp Pro supports burning up to 48x.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

John

Reply #4
Q: Are you trying to burn a CD with *.nwc files in the Winamp play list? If so, this will not work.

A: That's what I did first.  Do I have to drag and drop NWC into the media library?

Reply #5
At a minimum, you would have to convert the files to MIDI, but even that may not work (I haven't tested it). I am not sure how the Winamp burner works, I haven't used it. However, I would not be surprised if it only works with digital audio file formats (*.wav, *.mp3, *.ogg, *.ra, etc.).

Reply #7
O.K. thanks for the help.  I'll work on it tonight and tomorrow.