Skip to main content
Topic: Transposeing (Read 2671 times) previous topic - next topic

Transposeing

How do I transpose a single bar of sheet music in stead of transposeing the whole staff. I write a line moving from one chord the next, such as 2-5-1- chord line in "C" and want to tansopse it up a forth which will be the key of " F " . and still have the line in " C" in the previous bar. and perhap transpose it to all 12 keys.
Please help if you can.
Thank You
John

Re: Transposeing

Reply #1
Normally, you would transpose smaller sections by cutting the section into a temp staff, transposing, then pasting it back into the original staff. However, if you just want to transpose one chord, you are probably better off either:

1 - Constructing the chord manually, or

2 - If the new chord stays "in key", you can simply select it, and move it up or down on the staff using Shift+Ctrl+Up/Down arrow keys.

Re: Transposeing

Reply #2
When I'm chording vamps (normally for audio reproduction), I'll generate one chord, copy it, paste it, transpose it by Method 2 above and then adjust any notes to get the desired inversion (which note to use as the bottom note of the chord). I simply do that for all the chords and then madly copy and paste all over the place. It's fairly quick when I don't get muddled!

A