Skip to main content
Topic: New start for NWC newsgroup lovers? (Read 2780 times) previous topic - next topic

New start for NWC newsgroup lovers?

Hi all,

Even though I was a relatively new member of the NWC newsgroup, I already miss it.  I had a bit of a computer problem and the newsgroup simply disappeared.  Then I noticed that the NWC people dropped it on the NWC home page, for obvious reasons.  So I thought we'd give it a new start, but this time as a discussion list.

I just set up such a discussion list, called NoteWorthy.  The interesting thing is that its has it's own homepage (for which you have to take out a Yahoo ID upon subscribing).  You can send music contributions by including an attachment to your post.

You can subscribe by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NoteWorthy/.

On this list, we'll just continue where we left off. If it turns out to be a success, we can perhaps humbly ask previous newsgroupers to resubmit their own favorite NWC files since they a now lost.  And yes, this new list saves the archives on our own home page.

Now I hope that the NWC people will put a link to this list on its own homepage.

Regards,

Jan

jjh.hofland@planet.nl

Re: New start for NWC newsgroup lovers?

Reply #1
I belong to several other Yahoo discussion groups, so at least for now, that should work fine.  Make sure when you register with Yahoo that you carefully look at your settings to ensure you opt out of mailings, or you will end up getting some amount of spam.  I have found that by opting out, I do not receive any unsolicited mailings from them, as best I can tell.  Be careful with how you answer the questions, though.  Yahoo has been known to use double negatives "if you don't want to not receive mail", or check the above box to opt out (and then there are two buttons - one accepts your checkbox, the other reverts back to opting in).  Just read the questions and answers carefully, and you'll be fine.  Of course, if you actually want to receive unsolicited mail from Yahoo business partners, well you know what to do...

Thanks,

John

Reply #2
I could never access the Newsgroup, so this will be great for me.
Sincerely,
Francis Beaumier
Green Bay, WI

Reply #3
What's happened to the newsgroup?