Skip to main content
Topic: MIDI programs for the MacIntosh (Read 2946 times) previous topic - next topic

MIDI programs for the MacIntosh

Are there any MIDI programs like Fruity Loops for the MacIntosh to create music? (MacIntosh system 9)

Re: MIDI programs for the MacIntosh

Reply #1
Wrong place to ask. NWC is a Windows program; unless its users have 2 computers, we wouldn't know much. Or rather, this isn't the place to advertise some other product.

Why don't you simply use a search engine? Doubtless anyone with such a program will have it appear prominently.

Reply #2
I learned how to create music on a computer using PCs and am pretty comfortable doing that.  When I use a PC, NWC is one of my favorite programs to use and I have recommended it to many frustrated Finale and $ibelius users!  But I am teaching at a new school this year and only have an I-Mac to use at school.  I have found Open Music System (Mac's equivalent of Windows Driver Model or MIDI-OX) very confusing and frustrating and so cannot get my old favorite programs or the industry standards (Finale and Sibelius) to work properly.  I have found Myriad Software's Harmony Assistant to be a good solution on the Mac.  It contains its own software synth of very good quality when the "super extended" sound base or the Gold sound base is used.  Search on Myriad Harmony Assistant and download the free demo and try it for yourself.

Reply #3
May I suggest that you use OS X instead of OS 9. Panther(X.3) is much quicker than X.2, and quicker than OS 9.
In the iLife suite you'll find GarageBand which is much more advanced than FruityLoops, IMHO! Go and see it at Apple :)

HTH!