Skip to main content
Topic: Audigy 2 Platinum........ (Read 3858 times) previous topic - next topic

Audigy 2 Platinum........

I have been scouring this site for sound font information which would help me deal with my Audigy2 Issues.  When it comes down to it, none of the tips about sound fonts here seem to make sense to me.  Either I am a complete retard, or my sound card doesn't work anything like any of yours.  Nothing I seem to do when I try to assign a patch bank has a desired result. Does anyone out there have this card and have you figured out how to access the sound fonts?  There is nothing that has helped me on any on the newsgroups.  I am in the middle of sequencing a Musical for live performance and I need some emergency assistance!  I would like to make contact with someone who knows this card and is having success using it with Noteworthy composer.  Someone please help.....my email address is:
scormax@marquiseattle.com

Re: Audigy 2 Platinum........

Reply #1
I can tell you what I do.
1. Create a midi file.
2. Convert it to wave, where you have an option
of selecting a sond font, or a bank of sound fonts.
3. Convert that to MP3

In your last post, you wanted cassenets. This has to
specified by the midi file. In Zel you can make the
midi as a text file. All the percussion is specified
as channel 10, AND you must use the Exact pitch.
It is not immposible to do this, but it takes more
than a day. A midi file, (such as created by Zel)
can be imported into NW for phrasing and printing
the parts. My Zel text file for percusion looks like
so:  (zelsoftware.com)

include gm.zel
key F  meter 3/4  tempo=70

'===========================TRACK SET UP============================

track s1 $$10     @@==6 velocity=111 'mute triangle
track s2 $$10      @@=6    velocity=122 'open triangle
track s3 $$10  @@=4  velocity=111 ' splashCymb {G^@4} Crash A
track s4 $$10 @@=3    'kickDrum2{B^@2}   kickDrum1{C^@3}
track s5 $$10 @@=3  '   snareDrum1{D^@3}
track s6 $$10 @@=4  velocity=111'   tamborine{F#@4}

s1 | G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 17 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/16 G#/8
s2 | / A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A7 16  / A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A/7  A7
s3 | 2 G2 G/8 G/8 G/8 G/8 G/8 G/8 G/8  A
s4 | 1 C C/ C/4 C C/ C
s5 | 3 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/16 C/16 D/
C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/8 C/16 C/16 D/
D/16 D/16 D/16 D/16 D/16 D/16 C/4 C/4 C/4 C/4 C/ D/3 D/3 D/3 C
E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12 E/12
E F E F E/ F/ E/ F/ E/4 F/4 C

s6 | F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1 F#/8 F#/9 F#/10 F#/11 F#/12 1

Reply #2
Wow!  I can't even begin to know where to begin to ask for an interpretation.  Apearantly I have mucho to learn about this technology.  If anyone with this Audigy could refer me to the definitive source of info to help me unlock the meaning to all of this fancy footwork I would really appreciate it.  A book or online user group.  Maybe someone would like to help me put together a newsgroup or something.  At any rate, I am interested in swapping email addresses with ANYONE at all who owns this card and uses NWC.  Creative can't be as supportive as we can be to each other and that's the reality of it!  My email is posted above.  I welcome contact!

Reply #3
The URL, or 'addy' is
www.zelsoftware.com
the idea is that you type the notes at the keyboard,
| A  B 2C |
is simply the notes a b c, except C is a half note.

The track specifies the instrument. After you
save the midi file, convert it to wave and that
process will use the sound font that you select.

There are probably other ways of doing this, but you
can 'see' what you are doing when you use a text file.
Otherwise, you forever have to look which mouse clicks
or menu setting to use.

Reply #4
I have the Audigy 2 Platinum card. I do not like some of the Midi sounds for example Church Organ and Voice Oohs. Can anyone help with maybe a software patch to give a better sound?

Reply #5
Jelly roll...I had the same problem with the audigy card.  I do a lot of midi based home studio production, and at first, the midi sounded worst than my previous crappy card.  I kind of got the desired sound on accident.  Anyway, i reformatted my hard drive, and now my midi almost sounds like a live instrumentalist is playing (for some instruments atleast). reformatting my hard drive gave me the settings i needed to utilize the effects of audigy...i tried other things, and even took it to real computer techs, and nothing helped until i reformatted.  It's risky, but backup your files and reformat let me know how it works out.  email at aeh5714@yahoo.com...lata

Reply #6
I just got audigy 2 platinum.I read all the documentation yet I'm still not sure which program to go into and how to set it up so It can record something as simple as me playing a guitar! please, can anyone who knows how to use this soundcard and affiliated programs just give me a simple walkthrough on recording stuff I got plugged into my soundcard? my E-mail is VIgangww@hotmail.com

Reply #7
I see you all are using ur Audigy 2 with midi but I cannot get the connections to work...No sound from ESQ1 Midi keyboard, thru front panel and out the speakers thru the puter...
Any help?